2020 4th of July is kinda the pits, isn’t it?!
Stick around, at the bottom we will learn to write with sparklers & photograph it!
We are making the best of it and hanging out at home and celebrating with the neighbors while still having a blast!!
I’m just going to be short and sweet and wish everyone a happy and fun day today! With a reminder to take all the pictures.
Take lots and lots of pictures!
Before wiping up the popsicle mess, photograph it!
Before cleaning up the BBQ mess, photograph it!
Before drying off the kids from the sprinklers, Photograph it!
And then have some fun with the fireworks, especially the sparklers!
.. and you guessed it, photograph it!
Tips for writing with sparklers:
- Low ISO, preferably at 100
- F5/ -F/8
- Bulb mode OR anywhere from 15″ to 25″ second shutter-speed.
- A total dark night required!
- Place the camera on a tripod and use a trigger remote or have someone push the shutter button for you!
- Autofocus your lens on your subject, then put it on manual focus. When your ready press your shutter and hold it until the writing is done! Or press the shutter and it’ll shut when the timed shutter-speed is done.
- Write backward so that it appears correct in the camera.
- Practice and have fun!!!
Nikon D750 + Sigma Art 35mm 1.4 = ISO: 100 | f/5.6 | SS: 15 seconds at 10:30-11pm
❤️ 📸 — Candace